Policies & Procedures
Dance Arts Academy provides professional dance training in an inspirational and friendly atmosphere. Our brand new 11,000 square-foot plus, state of the art studios are equipped with floating floors, professional sound systems, dressing rooms, ample waiting areas, and observation windows.
Thank you for joining together and helping to ensure that our space stays as lovely as it is now.
We appreciate your support in the following:
- Everyone that studies at DAA plays a unique and important part in keeping our school one of the top schools in the country. We have earned the title of “The Best Dance Studio in Traverse City”, and our dance company, Company Dance Traverse, has consistently earned honors in local, state, and national competition. These awards include “Class Act” and “Good Sportsmanship” Honors ~ attributes we expect from all of our students and parents. In addition, we expect all of our students to abide by the dress code, and have hair fixed appropriately. Parents, please help us achieve these expectations. Children will not be allowed to participate in class if they aren’t dressed appropriately.
- Dancers taking class may bring a plastic water bottle labeled with their name into the studio (water only). Take this with you when you leave.
- Children 12 & under use the downstairs dressing room.13 & Up use the upstairs dressing room. These rooms are for female dancers and female parent/supervisors only. Please do not change in bathrooms. Dressing Rooms are used for changing & storing dancer bags. Please reserve the dressing room for changing clothing only.
- No Street Shoes on our dance floors! Dance shoes are not worn outside.
- The staircase on Garfield is for dancers traveling between classes and DAA faculty only. Dance shoes only are worn in the Garfield staircase (No street shoes or boots).
- Students with multiple classes in a row will use drawstring backpacks, which are available at Diva Dancewear to hold multiple pairs of dance shoes. Dancers will not return to the dressing room between classes.
- Our beautiful mirrors and windows are for our eyes, and not our hands!
- Please leave valuables at home. DAA cannot be responsible for any lost Items. Place your name in all of your dance items. All lost & found is put in the laundry baskets in the dressing rooms, and periodically donated to Charity. Please keep track of the things you wish to keep!!
- Water only. No Food or Drinks (no coffees, smoothies, etc) are allowed in the building for Dancers or Parents. There are benches outside to enjoy food or drink when needed.
- Children must be supervised at all times in the waiting areas, dressing rooms, and bathrooms. Please be quiet in these waiting areas as our dancers are concentrating in their classes. All electronic games and movies should be muted or played with using headphones
- The elevator is for handicap usage only.
Thank you for your support in following the rules at DAA!!
Rules & Policies
We welcome all of you into our lovely dance space! We are SO happy to be able to share our dreams with you. We are excited for everyone to join together and help us ensure that our oasis stays as lovely as it is now. We appreciate your support in the following:
- Gum is not allowed anywhere in Dance Arts Academy.
- There are bathrooms/dressing rooms on both floors for all of our guys.
- Each child has the opportunity to participate in Dance Art Academy’s Spring Concert in May. Costume fees/deposits are due in January when costumes are ordered. Your account must be current for your child to participate in the Spring Concert.
As performing is an integral part of the training process of a dancer, we offer performing opportunities for our students. The option is available to enroll in technique only classes without concert participation.
- All children’s classes will be working toward our year-end Spring Concert during the last ten weeks of winter term. Selected adult classes will also participate. Spring Concert Costume fees/deposits are due in January when costumes are ordered. Your account must be current for your child to participate in the Spring Concert.
- Dance Arts Academy and Company Dance Traverse present the Nutcracker during early December of the even numbered years. We have over 100 dancers in the cast, including some international guest artists! Auditions are held in August and a 12-week rehearsal process follows. Dancers age 7 and up are eligible to perform in this beautiful holiday tradition.